- Spectators: 640,000 (including 80,000 schoolchildren)
- Visitors “Lausanne En Jeux!” festival: 200,000
- Average number of visitors at Medal Plaza each evening: 2,000
- Public Transport: 80% Of the delegations used the public transport system to reach the venues.
- Media: 1,000 accredited media from 39 countries and 4 continents.
- Volunteers: 3,800
- Broadcasts in 191 countries around the world.
- Hours of live coverage: 165
- Average number of daily visitors on Olympic digital platforms: 200,000
- Social media: close to 500,000 new followers.
- Official app downloads: more than 40,000 times.
- Athlete waves: The first wave of 1,039 athletes and officials left the Youth Olympic Village between 15 and 16 January. During the same period, the second wave of 1,137 athletes and officials arrived at the Village.
- For the first time at the YOG, the speed skating event has been held on natural ice.
- Lausanne 2020 is the first YOG to be held in two countries.
- 100% Of tableware used by Lausanne 2020 athletes, officials, staff, volunteers and media is sustainable. This includes 180,000 reusable cups, plates and cutlery.
Source: Lausanne 2020 and the International Olympic Committee
You can read part 1 here.