AotG turns 5 today! We would like to thank all our readers for their continued support. We wish you a happy New Year and the very best for 2019!
Now 2018 has come to an end, it’s time to take a look at website traffic of the past year.
General (in comparison with 2017)
- Page views: +47%
- Number of articles: 307 (-30%)
- Followers*: +26%
- Day with the most visitors: 9 February 2018 ( Day of the opening ceremony of PyeongChang 2018. Also the most visitors in one day since the start of this blog in 2014.)
- Day with the least visitors: 26 May 2018
*Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and newsletter combined
Where our visitors came from
- United States 31%
- Switzerland 7%
- United Kingdom 6%
- Canada 6%
- Germany 4%
- South Korea 4%
- Japan 3%
- Netherlands 3%
- Italy 3%
- Australia 3%
Most read articles in 2018
- PyeongChang 2018; Olympic venues in Google Maps
- PyeongChang 2018; Map Gangneung Olympic Park
- PyeongChang 2018; Current weather and snow conditions Alpensia & Yongpyong
- PyeongChang 2018; Draft Competition Schedule
- Tokyo 2020; New renders Olympic Stadium unveiled
Most visited pages in 2018
- Tokyo 2020
- PyeongChang 2018_Introduction + Venue Map
- Beijing 2022
Milestones in 2018
- January: The publication of AotG magazine #1.
- February: Our PyeongChang 2018 Venue Map in Google Earth attracted more than 250,000 visitors.
- October: For the first time AotG paid attention to the Youth Olympic Games. A special section for these Games has been added to the website.
- October: New home page