You can view the documentary by IOC Media here on YouTube.
2024 Bid; LA 2024 releases new drone aerial footage of proposed Media Village under construction at USC
Video: USC on YouTube
London 2012; Olympic Press and Broadcast Centre (Legacy)
Part 10 of 11 in a serie blog posts about the legacy of London 2012. (read more)
- Design by; Allies and Morrison
- 20,000 broadcasters, photographers and journalists
- 29,000 square metres office space (MPC)
- 52,000 square metres of studio space of two 8-10m high floors (IBC)
- 8,000 square metres of offices (IBC)
- 12,000 square metre catering village
- 200 metre long High Street
- Media Conference room for up to 800 journalists
- Olympic Games; International Broadcast Centre (IBC), Main Press Centre (MPC)
- Paralympic Games; International Broadcast Centre, Main Press Centre
- Here East; New home for the creative and digital industries.
Photos taken on August 23, 2014. (click to enlarge)
Photos taken on December 14, 2013. (click to enlarge)
Sochi 2014; Main Media Centre opened
With exactly one month to go until the start of Russia’s first ever Olympic Winter Games, the Sochi 2014 Organising Committee has announced the opening of the Main Media Centre for the Games.
The two-story Media Centre, which is located close to the Olympic Park in Sochi, has a total area of over 158,000sqm and, along with the nearby media hotel, occupies an area of 20 hectares – seven times the size of Moscow’s Red Square.
Source: IOC [Full article]
With exactly 1 month to go to #Sochi2014 Olympics the Main Media Center in Sochi opens its doors to the first media pic.twitter.com/8fb6eaEGgj
— Sochi 2014 (@Sochi2014) January 7, 2014