Milan / Cortina d’Ampezzo is one of the three candidate cities for the XXV Olympic Winter Games. You can read more about the 2026 bidding process here.
Summary venue master plan
- 12 Competition venues
- 8 Existing
- 1 Temporary
- 2 Existing – Permanent works required
- 1 New
- 92% of venues are extisting or temporary
- 3 Venues from the 1956 Cortina d’Ampezzo Olympic Winter Games
- 4 Olympic Villages
- 22% of beds in existing facilities
- 5-6 Clusters
- Distances between clusters:
- Milan – Cortina 415km / 5h00
- Milan – Valtellina 130km / 2h30
- Milan – Val di Fiemme 290km / 4h00
- Cortina – Bormio 330km / 5h30
- The venue for Biathlon has yet to be determined.
- The Paralympic Games concept is not yet finalised.
Master plan in Google Maps
Why Milan / Cortina d’Ampezzo? According to the report of the IOC Working Group: