The IOC Coordination Commision visited Tokyo this week for the third time. A summary of the results of this visit:
- Rowing and canoe sprint will remain at the Sea Forest course (Tokyo Bay).
- Venues were proposed for the five new sports. (read more about these sports)
- The volleyball venue is exected to be finalised soon.
- Swimming remains at the Olympic Aquatics Stadium. The capacity will be reduced to 15,000 spectators.
- The Venue Masterplan will be finalised soon.
Source / Read more: In the wake of Rio’s “marvellous games”, Tokyo makes strong strides towards 2020 [IOC]