- 6 August / 4:30 p.m. Men’s 20k race walk
- 7 August / 5:30 a.m. Men’s 50k race walk
- 7 August / 4:30 p.m. Women’s 20k race walk
- 8 August / 7:00 a.m. Women’s marathon
- 9 August / 7:00 a.m. Men’s marathon
The IOC, World Athletics and Tokyo 2020 also agreed on 1 and 2 km-loops for race walk and a 20 km-loop course for the first stage of the marathon, leaving as a legacy a half marathon course which can host a future annual event. From the busy station area with streets lined with commercial buildings, the course will pass iconic local sights such as Hokkaido University, helping to transmit the rich charm of the city to the world. World Athletics and Tokyo 2020 will continue their discussions on the second half of the course and will conduct a site inspection in order to reach a mutual decision on overall operations by mid-December.
Source: Tokyo 2020