The XII Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 is ready to take centre stage with the opening ceremony taking place today. You can read more about the venues of the Paralympic Games on this page.
Facts & Figures
- 567 Athletes from 48 countries (biggest Winter Games yet)
- New National Paralympic Committees: Georgia (2 athletes), North Korea (2 athletes) and Tajikistan (1 athlete)
- 80 Medal events
- Six sports: alpine skiing, biathlon, cross-country skiing, Para ice hockey, snowboard and wheelchair curling.
- Biggest delegation: USA (68 athletes)
- Previous host cities: Örnsköldsvik 1976, Geilo 1980, Innsbruck 1984, Innsbruck 1988, Tignes/Albertville 1992, Lillehammer 1994, Nagano 1998, Salt Lake City 2002, Turin 2006, Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014.
Competing countries with the number of athletes
Excluded: Neutral Paralympic Athlete (30)