From now on every Sunday a summary of the most important news in the run-up to Rio 2016.
Exhibition game at Future Arena (Handball Venue)
Following the #Rio2016#Handball draw, exhibition game at the #FutureArena, Barra Olympic Park. @ihf_infopic.twitter.com/Kl047kCtgZ
— Rio 2016 (@Rio2016_en) 29 april 2016
First test events in Aquatics Stadium
Read more: Olympic Aquatics Stadium gets water polo workout in Rio 2016 test event [Rio2016]
100 Days to Go; Construction update:
Nearly all the stadiums and sports centres where athletes will compete are now ready for action. In Barra Olympic Park, the city’s largest Olympic area, venues are 98 per cent complete in total. Seating is currently being installed in the Olympic Tennis Centre, which is 92 per cent ready. Paes said that work on the velodrome, 85 per cent complete, is progressing well and is in advance of the new schedule.
Source: Rio2016.com [read full article]
Elsewhere on the internet
- Venues ready, but many challenges remain for Rio Games [Channel NewsAsia]
- Exclusive: Athletics track in Rio 2016 Olympic Stadium now “fully installed”, says Mondo [Inside the Games]
- ‘A Tragedy Foretold’: Architects Say Rio’s Olympic Bike Path Was Destined to Collapse [Vice News]
The Transolímpica (25km long) will reduce the travel time of passengers between Deodoro and Recreio.
- Draw for the 2016 Olympic Handball Tournaments staged in Rio [IHF]
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games hockey schedules confirmed [FIH]
Rio 2016; Read More
- Look of the Games
- News / Blogposts
- Paralympic Games